Natural Cure For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
It is perfectly normal to feel tired after strenuous physical activity, and usually, after a short period of rest, you should feel well recovered.
However, if you find yourself feeling tired for seemingly no reason at all and the feeling of exhaustion persists, you may want to visit your doctor in case you are exhibiting signs of chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS.
It is still unclear as to what causes chronic fatigue syndrome. Some theories suggest that it is due to a viral infection, mainly because the symptoms associated with CFS are very similar to those of common viral infections.
For instance, headache, sore throat, muscle aches and joint pain are some common symptoms. Other symptoms include brain fog, impaired concentration or memory, irritable bowel issues and feeling unrested after adequate periods of sleep.
So far, no medication has yet been developed that can ‘cure’ CFS. Similar to viral infections that do not have a known cure either, current best practice to conquer chronic fatigue syndrome is to strengthen your immune system by regularly taking vitamins, exercising and resting as needed.
The following are some helpful tips and home remedies that may help you boost your energy and feel more invigorated.
Choose Natural Dietary Sources
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables. The vitamins and minerals found in these foods are excellent for strengthening the immune system. For more information anout strengthening your immune system, please read my article How To Boost Your Immune System.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of pure water a day to help flush out toxins.
- Supplement with Acidophilus or consume raw yogurt to keep your digestive system functioning properly.
Get Regular Exercise
Ideally, 20-30 minutes of moderate exercise each day is recommended. It is vital to keep your joints and muscles supple and your body strong to help protect against chronic fatigue syndrome. If you don’t have the time for this you may have to settle for a 15-20 minute workout 3 times a week.
Many people think they need to drive to a gym in order to get adequate exercise. This is not the case. There are many ways you can add exercise into your day.
- How about incorporating a brisk walk into your day?
- Taking the stairs whenever possible?
- Jogging with the dog or mowing your lawn with more enthusiasm?
- Try doing lunges while you are brushing your teeth.
- Doing triceps dips and abdominal crunches during commercials when watching TV.
- Get creative. Turn the music up and dance your way through your house cleaning routine!
- Hire an Online Personal Trainer or an Online Fitness Coach and workout from the comfort of your home.
Try Natural Supplements
Herbal medicines that have been found to contain immune system boosting qualities include Echinacea, Goldenseal, and Ginseng root. Taking these supplements on a regular basis is a great way to help support your immune system and protect yourself from CFS.
Herbal therapies are safe, natural, and effective if you allow them time to work and follow directions. Some herbs such as Echinacea are not recommended to be taken more for more than 6 weeks to 8 weeks at a time, so be sure and check with your health practitioner.
Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Devil’s Claw are successfully used by many individuals who suffer from joint pain as well.
Taking extra Vitamin C and zinc can help boost your immune system. Taking essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3, 6, and 9 oils, is not only great for your brain and cognitive function but also lubricates your joints from the inside out, making these supplements even more useful if you are experiencing muscle pain and soreness.